Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Linky Party: Picture Prompt


Nothing helps get the creative writing juices pumping like picture prompts. Many times when I have a student struggling during Writer's Workshop, I can pull a picture prompt out to help give them an idea of what to write about.  So when I heard that The Diary of a Not so Wimpy Teacher blog and Classroom Magic blog were creating a  Linky Party that was dedicated to creating and sharing picture prompts, I knew I had to join.  Be sure to check out all the other awesome picture prompts and get your students writing! 

6 comments:

  1. Love all of the prompts! My class would love the hamster one. Our read aloud series is about a classroom hamster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be reading The World According to Humphrey! haha True story - our class hamster that you see above has escaped from his cage about six times. I finally had to upgrade his cage and he hasn't since. But during his time of adventure, we happened to have Betty Birney do an author visit at our school. I was able to get a picture of her with our hamster and kids from class. :-)

      Delete
  2. LOVE these picture prompts. It reminds me that I really need to do this more often! Thanks:)

    Krystal

    www.lessonsfromthemiddle.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...